We know Tom Corbett is a ‘friend of natural gas.’ That’s no secret. What’s become clear is that he’s also got very good friends working in and around the natural gas industry. After initially omitting the expense from public records, a revised ethics filing shows that John Moran, Jr. paid for a long weekend the governor and the First Lady spent in Rhode Island, among other trips. Shortly after the Rhode Island vacation, Moran, who runs a logistics company that’s involved in the extraction of natural gas from the Marcellus Shale formation, was appointed to a statewide panel to determine whether the state should privatize state services. Hm, I wonder what he’ll advise the governor to do. [Stateline]
- News: What Happened to 93,000 Pennsylvania Workers?
- News: Corbett’s Campaign Photoshopped Him Next to a Black Woman
- News: Corbett’s Inability to Understand Pa.’s Economy in 4 Charts
- News: Forget Pennsylvania. Can Tom Corbett Win Republicans?
- News: Corbett Says Natural Gas Tax May Be in Future
- News: Newest Member of Clintons Is An Eagles Fan
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.