We know Tom Corbett is a ‘friend of natural gas.’ That’s no secret. What’s become clear is that he’s also got very good friends working in and around the natural gas industry. After initially omitting the expense from public records, a revised ethics filing shows that John Moran, Jr. paid for a long weekend the governor and the First Lady spent in Rhode Island, among other trips. Shortly after the Rhode Island vacation, Moran, who runs a logistics company that’s involved in the extraction of natural gas from the Marcellus Shale formation, was appointed to a statewide panel to determine whether the state should privatize state services. Hm, I wonder what he’ll advise the governor to do. [Stateline]
- News: Want to Be Governor, Allyson Schwartz?
- News: Tom Corbett Wants No Blame for Kathleen Kane’s Abandoned Sting
- News: Corbett Primary Challenger to Stay on Ballot
- News: Nutter, Corbett, Chaput to Meet With Business Leaders
- News: Gov. Corbett Visits More PA Schools, Does Not Flee
- News: New Group Aims to Make PA Government More Conservative